Kitesurf season is coming up in Cabarete, Dominican Republic.Besides awesome surfing conditions for surfers of all levels, Cabarete is also widely regarded as the kitesurf capital of the world. Perfect conditions for kiteboarders of all levels.
What to expect if you are coming to Cabarete for a kitesurf holiday?
- Steady tradewinds that kick in in the afternoon, so no need to get up early in the morning.
- Warm water and air temperatures so no need for a wetsuit.
- Different kite surf spots close to cabarete, from waves to flat water.
- Plenty of space, no need to get lines tangled.
- Good kite surf schools so you can learn in a safe manner.
- Awesome local talent that put on a great show.
We have converted many surfers into kitesurfers over the years, and if you are also interested in learning this exciting sport, join us this summer and sign up for our kitesurf package.
How many hours of kitesurf lessons do I need?
Some advertise 4-6 hours of kitesurf lesson packages, to lure clients in with low prices. We don’t believe in this approach, learning in a safe manner, requires at least 8-10 hours of lessons and another few hours of supervised kitesurfing.
Do I need to be strong for kitesurfing?
No, kids as young as 6 have learned kiteboarding and people as old as 70 are still kitesurfing.
Is Kitesurfing dangerous?
Not when you take lessons with a qualified kite surf school in Cabarete.
How much does the kitesurf equipment costs?
- Used board starts at 200-300 USD
- Used kite and bar starts at 400-500 USD
- Harness costs around 65 USD
Is used kite equipment available for purchase in Cabarete?
yes plenty of people have good used kite equipment for sale, ask around at the different kite school.
Richard Branson is a regular visitor to Cabarete for kitesurfing.
Have anymore questions about kitesurfing , Cabarete or a surf holiday to the DR’s #1 surf camp, send us an email.